A thread to collect responses to and host discussion around the AlgoMech panel on Distributed Culture, taking place 29th February 2020.
Some topics we could cover (work in progress):
- Signpost some of the previous online / distributed events
- Explore alternative approaches to ‘traditional’ festivals and conferences - hub-based, online
- Online and networked/distributed performance
- Intimacy and boundaries online
- Explore the many dimensions of accessibility, e.g.:
- temporality (how to deal with timezones, etc)
- language - transcription, translation (automatic and by hand)
- gender - how can discussion really welcome all?
- Low-carbon servers - how green can video streaming get?