Event streaming backend and frontend development + archiving automation

But there is also a big gap on Sunday right? If i’m not mistaken i see open slots at the following (but maybe i’m missing something, I would have prefered time in 24h clock instead of am/pm for readability, haha):

• (anything before 18.00 UTC on Friday, if we want to start earlier)
  • 07:00 - 13:00 UTC (5 hours)
  • 01:00 - 02:00 UTC (1 hour)
  • 05:00 - 17:00 UTC (12 hours)

I think that is quite some time that could potentially be filled by others.

@CNDSD, I usually just code some visuals with some text over it haha, so my tool for that would be max/jitter, p5 or processing. But I do have photoshop so a .psd would be good as well I guess!

Ah true, that’s more spare time than I realised.

On one hand it would be great to get this filled. On the other it would probably be quite a bit of work to make the scheduling system fill in these gaps. So really it’s up to the people who work on the frontend + backend what we do.

Yeah, I agree that it will probably be quite some work for the scheduling system etc., but at least wanted to make sure that everyone is aware of this 12 hour gap :slight_smile:

1 Like

as a newbie to this scene, posting from california
I’d like to say "feel no way! :slight_smile:
('pues, ni modo)
you all do/have done so much to make this all possible
a toplap birthday celebration with all the toplap crews international
performing sounds super-cool!
we can’t wait to see what you all do!

(not as a comparison, just inspiration)
remember that even charles mingus would sometimes 'lay out
when eric dolphy was playing

1 Like

Returning to this for a while…

I’ve been thinking on implementing some features to simplify things a bit and make it easy for the frontend/website to integrate with Muxy:

1. An API endpoint for predefined slots: This would allow the frontend to easily see all free and occupied slots, while keeping the flexibility of the current Stream model.

2. A more secure mechanism for registering slots: Currently, using the API, anyone could see the users emails and anyone can add/remove slots. I’d like to implement something like @mashaal did on the web site, that is, when the user takes up a slot, the web site returns a auto-generated password/token that they can use to modify/remove their slot afterwards. That way, only the user that registered a slot can modify or remove it.

If anyone wants to help or discuss/brainstorm, feel free to reply here or ping me!

1 Like