Live code collaboration during a quarantine

Yes. ffmpeg/nginx works. Can confirm for audio:

Hi all - consider yourself invited to participate in the fromZero online jam sessions. More info below, and full info on the linked Eventbrite page (note that free registration on Eventbrite is required - that’s how you get the info on how to connect to the sessions!). No experience necessary - but experience is welcome also!

Yours truly,
David

fromZero (weekly online Estuary jam sessions)
an initiative of the Networked Imagination Laboratory at McMaster University

All are welcome to join these drop-in jam sessions taking place in the Estuary platform for collaboration and learning through live coding. On a regular schedule each week, moderators from the Networked Imagination Laboratory (NIL) will be at each session to offer guidance and assistance.

Q: What will we do? A: Make music and animation together using simple live coding languages in the Estuary browser-based platform (https://estuary.mcmaster.ca)

Q: What do I need to participate? A: A computer with the Chrome, Chromium, or Opera browser installed (other browsers may work, but may not work as well) and basic Internet access. No prior experience is necessary, although people with experience live coding are certainly welcome to join.

Q: How do I sign up? A: To participate, please register at the following Eventbrite URL - you will be sent further information about how to join the sessions after registering: https://fromzero.eventbrite.ca

Q: What if I have other questions? A: Please contact David Ogborn at ogbornd@mcmaster.ca

Schedule:

Note: Weekly session times are given both in EDT/Hamilton-time and UTC. Participants from all time zones are welcome! Moderation will be conducted in English except where otherwise noted.

Tuesdays 8 PM EDT/Hamilton-time (Wednesdays 0:00 UTC, moderator: Alejandro Franco Briones, this session will be conducted in Spanish)

Wednesdays 10 AM EDT/Hamilton-time (Wednesdays 14:00 UTC, moderator: Alex MacLean)

Thursdays 5 PM EDT/Hamilton-time (Thursdays 21:00 UTC, moderator: David Ogborn)

Fridays 3 PM EDT/Hamilton-time (Fridays 19:00 UTC, moderator: Jessica Rodriguez)

Saturdays 11 AM EDT/Hamilton-time (Saturdays 15:00 UTC, moderator: Luis N. del Angel)

Thanks @dktr0. I am back here after quite a long time. Your comment inspired me to experiment with a live coding setup including guitar and a looper pedal. No ninjam yet, but I see this as a small step into that direction. This latency somehow must be fine-tuned, yes. Also your tabla references are very interesting.

1 Like