Live Coding Meetups NL_CL

This is excellent news ! so happy to hear it !
So looking forward for it.
@yaxu / @renick, thank you so much for pushing this forward and please let us know ahead so we can announce and help out promoting this.
Last meetup in Amsterdam was really cool. Let’s try to make this even better.
@Timo @narcode are we joining forces here with CC A’dam and @CC Ut they were key last week and I think it would be a good Idea to get them involved soon , Talked to Carolien about Alex’s visit then and she seemed eager to help, I think Sabrina would love to as well.

OK more news here , V2 came back to me, now they invite us to take part of the festival in Rdam. Just in case I am posting here the message I got from them for opinions.

"Magia festival is, as you might already know, focused on non-western culture and music. During the summer we are hosting our summer sessions residencies and perhaps something can come out of that, that fits with the festival.
But when I saw your message I thought, maybe this could also be a fit. How do you see it? Could this potential gig/workshop/meetup work with Festival Magia? You can find some, albeit very limited info about the festival on:

https://www.rotterdamfestivals.nl/en/agenda/magia/
https://www.festivalmagia.nl/
Let me know your toughts "
All of you let me know your thoughts too !
Cheers

It would be good to hear back from Renick first, in order to know if he has booked the Grey Space in The Hague or not and what our next steps can be (and if there is room for NLCL to be involved in some way). Maybe @yaxu knows a bit more already?

I don’t know more, Renick has been talking with Grey Space, and I think we’re waiting for an email from them to confirm. Involving NLCL is the idea though, would be rude (and silly) not to! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super nice! May I try to abstract our events? :slight_smile:

So for now on we are working on :

23 & 24th August - Festival Magia
23th October - V2 Algorave
? Joaha Algorave
18 - 27th - Margarete Algorave

Who has the contact of the organizers? Are we applying as NLCL or individual performers?

If i’m not mistaken, the upcoming events listed for now are:

24 August - Grey Space The Hague, organized by Renick. Not confirmed yet! (as alternative for the NLCL monthly meetup).
22 September - Algo~Rhythms, Worm Rotterdam, organized by @JoChicau. (probably combined with NLCL monthly meetup before the event).
12 October - NLCL Algorave Zaal 100 Amsterdam, organized by @narcode.
23 November - Algorave Real-X Skatepark Apeldoorn, organized by me. Not confirmed yet! I asked for date preferences in the thread on our livecoding events & concerts, only @narcode replied so far.

@RafaeleAndrade, Not sure what the 18-27th Margarete Algorave is? Do you mean the Algorave at Margate UK (that has been discussed in the mailinglist?).

1 Like

I herby confirm that October 12th is on. Robert van Heumen is also an organizer btw!

1 Like

Hey guys, I have been out for a while, so I missed many conversations.

@Timo thank you for the head up! It’s perfect the plan, and I am up for the 23th of November at Skatepark as well!

If I can help/contribute in any way, I would be glad to!

Hey ya’ll, I’m finding the Toplap forum a bit clunky for more rapid communication. I’m just wondering if I’m the only one? And if anyone would be interested in setting up a NL_CL group on WhatsApp or Signal?

There’s also the rocketchat on chat.toplap.org

I would only use Signal for last minute conversations before meetings - like: “what room number are we meeting in”, “I’m on my way! Should I bring …”, “we’re heading to this and this cafe after the meetup/concert”, etc.
Not for planning.
Whatsapp I keep at a safe distance from my phone.

1 Like

I agree to have Signal only for last-minute communication. The rest of the discussion should take place here in the forum.

That’s what I mean. For example the last two days we were trying to arrange a time to meet to work on writing up an events proposal for next year… and everyone was out of sync because of how difficult it is to stay on top of TOPLAP forums from your mobile.

btw: Timo set up a signal group > so if anyone wants to join please send him your phone number via a PM!

The grey space event still isn’t confirmed I think, would it be possible to check whether the v2 event is still possible? As I feel we’re getting very close to running of time for promotion

Hi Alex,
I will contact V2 to see what’s the situation with them for the evening August 23rd.

Heya! I am also a bit lost in this thread…I would like to reach out for the event on 22 September - Algo~Rhythms, Worm Rotterdam (preliminary program: https://worm.org/production/algo-rhythms-ft-olivia-jack-saskia-freeke-renick-bell-joana-chicau/) — I am curious who from this channel works with web based live coding platforms? And who is available to join the event? As usual budget is limited… but there is always space for those who would like to join the jam session that follows the ‘program’.

Ah and there will be a workshop previous to the performance eve (https://worm.org/production/algo-rhythms-workshop-hydra-olivia-jack/) — I hope it does not conflict with the meet up…

Hi Joana–

I work with a web-based livecoding platform, Caffeine. I’m building an environment at https://caffeine.js.org/3d , and have been jamming with it at a few of the NL_CL meetups. I’ve got Hydra working in it as well. I’d love to participate in the 22 September event.

-C

1 Like

Hi @JoChicau,

am curious who from this channel works with web based live coding platforms?

@j.reus and I have been working with this new livecoding platform in the browser (SEMA) developed by Thor, Chris and Francisco over at Sussex University. We used it to design our own livecoding language with machine learning. I would be interested to maybe perform some more with that (and maybe Jonathan will be as well). And of course I like to join the jamsession too (with the same environment, or just with my usual livecoding set)!

there will be a workshop previous to the performance (…) I hope it does not conflict with the meet up…

We did not really decide on a time for the meetup that day, so maybe we can make it work? What time does the workshop start/end?

Thanks for your reply!

There is a break between workshop and performance eve approx from 17h30 to 19h30 — so the meet up could happen then / over dinner?

Lets continue over email ~