Live Coding Meetups NL_CL

I just contacted Filmcafé Utrecht (where I did an Algorave in March, nice venue with a big projector screen!). And asked SensorLab Utrecht (definitely a nice place for meetups, talks, and i’ve organized a few livecoding jamsessions there as well). Waiting for a response…

@yaxu Of course, if a livecoding show is not happening, just meeting and talking is fine as well! Sharing results of current development from everyones livecoding systems and performances is always great.

I asked around and had some extra suggestions

Since you named OCCII (<3) There’s a brewery/ venue nearby. (Butcher’s Tears) @narcode I believe this is in your neighborhood.
This made me think of AA also. Not sure if you guys went through this option yet https://amsterdamalternative.nl

Good suggestions. I’ve send a message to Steim.

1 Like

Another suggestion from Renick, who might be able to join us http://www.ot301.nl/page=site.home

1 Like

As we’re getting short of time I sent a short availability check to ot301 and sexyland as well

OT301 might be a bit too large - then it seems like we need to put on a proper event, pay rent, etc… I’m not sure whether someone wants to take on that organisational load?

AA is a collective front / magazine for a number of the spaces already mentioned here.

Cafe De Ruimte - https://www.cafederuimte.nl/ - also might be a good spot to try!

Moving Furniture records organises concerts there sometimes :slight_smile:

@yaxu, thanks for your initiative, have you had a response back from ot301 or Sexyland yet? I will get a response from Steim during the coming week hopefully. Thanks for the tip for cafe de ruimte @nescivi. I’ve send them a message.

No, just an automatic reply from sexyland saying they’re on summer break

Hey all, Renick has picked this up and I think will organise something on 23rd Aug in Grey Space in The Hague

That’s awesome news @yaxu. And thanks @renick for picking this up. I still feel a bit helpless that you guys come to NL and you guys put the event together. But that’s also ok, we are all working together here :slight_smile:

In this event that will be organized at The Hague --> will there be space for some nl_cl live coders too ?

Greetings form :bulgaria:

Heh no worries, I know a lot of people are away then. Yota put us in touch with Tim in Grey Space. Tim + Renick are working out the details. When it’s confirmed they’ll get nl_cl involved I’m sure, and maybe we can have a meetup there before the 'rave?

@narcode, yeah, I reached out to many different places, all are booked on this short notice or didn’t respond (maybe summer closing or whatever). Also got a reply from Café De Ruimte (mentioned above), which is also occupied for that day already.

@yaxu I’m glad the Grey Space seems like it’s going to work out, would be great if nl_cl can get involved (both for a meetup, but also for some performances). I’m not from the Hague and not familiar with the place (and the people involved there), but if any help is needed let me know!

This is excellent news ! so happy to hear it !
So looking forward for it.
@yaxu / @renick, thank you so much for pushing this forward and please let us know ahead so we can announce and help out promoting this.
Last meetup in Amsterdam was really cool. Let’s try to make this even better.
@Timo @narcode are we joining forces here with CC A’dam and @CC Ut they were key last week and I think it would be a good Idea to get them involved soon , Talked to Carolien about Alex’s visit then and she seemed eager to help, I think Sabrina would love to as well.

OK more news here , V2 came back to me, now they invite us to take part of the festival in Rdam. Just in case I am posting here the message I got from them for opinions.

"Magia festival is, as you might already know, focused on non-western culture and music. During the summer we are hosting our summer sessions residencies and perhaps something can come out of that, that fits with the festival.
But when I saw your message I thought, maybe this could also be a fit. How do you see it? Could this potential gig/workshop/meetup work with Festival Magia? You can find some, albeit very limited info about the festival on:

https://www.rotterdamfestivals.nl/en/agenda/magia/
https://www.festivalmagia.nl/
Let me know your toughts "
All of you let me know your thoughts too !
Cheers

It would be good to hear back from Renick first, in order to know if he has booked the Grey Space in The Hague or not and what our next steps can be (and if there is room for NLCL to be involved in some way). Maybe @yaxu knows a bit more already?

I don’t know more, Renick has been talking with Grey Space, and I think we’re waiting for an email from them to confirm. Involving NLCL is the idea though, would be rude (and silly) not to! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super nice! May I try to abstract our events? :slight_smile:

So for now on we are working on :

23 & 24th August - Festival Magia
23th October - V2 Algorave
? Joaha Algorave
18 - 27th - Margarete Algorave

Who has the contact of the organizers? Are we applying as NLCL or individual performers?