Latest Tracks + Videos

One thread I absolutely love I keep an eye on on the monome forums is this one, a place for people to share their latest works. I would like to see such a thread here, to see what you are all working on at the moment :slight_smile:

Not quite sure if Announcements is the right place for this thread?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll start :slight_smile:

Rehearsal session for Algomech.

4 Likes

I recently put together a Tidal experiment where I wanted to use the stutWith function in substitution of the normal delay. I wanted specific control over the high pass filter degradation on each delayed sound. Rian Treanor ended up throwing this into his latest XLR8R mix :open_mouth:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14cercKzp7FHbS7Sdy0kFaEfndatYSY2Z/view?usp=sharing

Oh, this track also features a thing I explored with a repeated/ratcheted snare where each note has a higher pitch.

3 Likes

In the latest algorave in La Plata, with c0d3 p03try we wrote a cumbia with tidal code:

cumbia starts at ~12:00

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a video I made:

After some thought I think this topic is in the right category as it is ā€˜news about live codingā€™, but we need a better name for the category than ā€œAnnouncementsā€ - maybe just ā€œlive coding newsā€?

1 Like

I got around to putting a compilation of my latest tracks on Bandcamp, you can find it at https://th4music.bandcamp.com/
It includes 3 individual pieces of music and a recording from the very first live set I did, which contains some versions of the other tracks as well as otherwise unpublished material.

I ran across your YouTube channel accidentally the other day, and I am really enjoying all your music.
Do you have any plans to do a more formal release of any of your music?

I have a bit of music here.

But I think the music is more interesting live with the visuals.

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™ll join in here - Iā€™m John and enjoy playing with FoxDot after learning about it at a python conference. Hereā€™s a short sample

An improvisation I did with xi, a DSL written in ruby.

It can talk with superdirt for using the set of samples and FXs, or directly to SuperCollider

1 Like

Evan Hartzell on Instagram: "#orcĪ» ardour linux ojack/hydra"

fifteen second ā€œvideoā€ as track
orcĪ» ardour linux ojack/hydra
sometimes itā€™s an epic fifteen seconds
and then when it loops,
itā€™s something different

k-blamo at Uncoded Hack Night
Sura Korean BBQ
Long Beach Calif.
livecoding with
orca ardour linux
vocals with frekvens

Itā€™s a WIP. Poorly filmed Iā€™ll add, even though the audio is straight out of the mixbus.

TidalCycles x Live10.1 x Bazille x Hive2 x Razor. 100% RT synthesis, not a single sample nor preset used.

Hope youā€™ll like what you hear !

1 Like

ā€˜Into the hubsā€™ a livecoding perfomance recorded and streamed in our new mozilla.hubs.

you can even watch it directly in the hubs :

1 Like

I finally made time today to talk through some of the basic features of my DSL. More to cover but this gets you started with some basic beats.

hjh

1 Like

As a little side-project to alv I built a tiny structural editor with a hardware interface.
Its mostly a throwaway project, but I will keep using it as a testbed for editor integrations that will end up becoming available as extensions for i.e. Atom down the line :slight_smile:

Here is a little demo + jam with the editor, alv and pilot:

There is a description of the editor implementation and features here: http://fabacademy.org/2020/labs/opendot/students/sol-bekic/log/12/

Second chucklib-livecode demo/tutorial: Generators.

hjh

1 Like