Live Coding Event October 12th 2019 @zaal100, Amsterdam

Hi all,

Made this topic to try to keep this as an independent thread so the events don’t get mixed up.

I would like to know who is interested in performing at zaal100 in Amsterdam for this event ? Once there are some replies here we can start giving form to the line up and also the type of event. Right now is open so it can be experimental, or ambient, or geeky, or algoravey, or a mix of many… depends on who want’s to perform.

More details will follow soon…

4 Likes

I am of course totally in for performing at zaal100!

1 Like

perfect you are in! 30 min? and will you do sound and visuals alone? What kind of performance are you thinking of? Techno - Algorave ?

Yeah 30 minutes is fine, but can also be 45 or less depending on how many performers there are! Probably electronic techno/dub/rave -ish. But will probably also work on some new material the coming month. Someone else can always livecode visuals during my performance, no problem, but as you know I have my own visuals as well, but can turn those off.

2 Likes

Another update: We are allowed to sell tickets and we can keep that profit. Ticket prize is still for us to decide but can be max €10. So all performers will get their share! :fire::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

I would love to play! Happy to do a set of any length. For visuals, I usually prefer someone else to do them live so we can riff off each other. My style is usually dancey pop mashups, with some hardcore mixed in. I don’t think you were at the Doka algorave Felipe(?) so here’s a little video to give you an idea of what I normally do.

1 Like

I’d like to perform… ambient audio (can mix with someone else’s audio) and/or visuals (flying through a VR landscape with Hydra projections in it). Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hi @jokroese and @Craig. You are both in the list then! Nice!

Hey guys if there is still space for someone doing visuals, count me in!

1 Like

Of course there is! You are in.

There is still more space in the line up. Can anyone invite female performers sound and/or visuals ? Would like to balance this up.

We can also discuss this event more in detail on the meetup of September 18th.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

I’m up for 18th and 12th of October! :slight_smile:

1 Like

perfect you are in! I think the lineup is starting to round off. I will post more updates here soon. can anyone help in designing some e-flyer or poster to promote the event?

open doc about the event:

Hey guys!

I couldn’t make tonight, I’m very sorry for that. May I help to coordinate the press stuff (facebook, media, poster)? I can also be staff during the event :slight_smile:

Hi Rafaele,

We already have someone coordinating the press.

But we definitely need someone to be in charge of the door/staff and general stage coordination. Could you do that?

And is your set 30 min or would you like more time? Up to 45 min?

Hi all! The event is published! Please invite and share as much as possible!

2 Likes

Everyone performing for this, if you didn’t see the email thread - please send me a bio!

Also, once the facebook event is up from tomorrow I’ll be posting short bios and photos of all the performers. Could you all send me a 3(ish) sentence description of who you are and 1-3 high-quality photos of you? Otherwise, I’ll use MS Paint to draw you and an AI to generate your bio :wink:

You can email me the text and photos at joekroese@gmail.com :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

@jokroese I would love to see the MS Paint-AI rendition of myself. It may look much better than the real thing I reckon !

Preparation Workshop and Jam: Wednesday evening 9th October, Amsterdam

Me and Giovanni [@KessonDalef] are going to have a little jam/workshop session at my house in central Amsterdam on Wednesday evening. Mainly with the goal of preparing for our set on Saturday.

I thought it would be nice to offer the space up in case anyone else would like to join. We can have a jam or give feedback or help each other set some cool things up. Felipe [@narcode] is hopefully coming too and I would love to have more of you come by. If you’re interested, just drop me a message here or by email (jo@radicaldata.org) and I’ll send my address over. The times are very flexible - I’ll be around all evening.

2 Likes

2 Likes