NL_CL concerts series at iii

Hi all,

As announced by @j.reus, iii will be supporting a series of presentations from the NL_CL community for the next couple of years. :boom:

This means that we need to form a team to take the lead on this and produce the series. Who wants to be involved in this project, from the organizational point of view?

Let us know and then we can organize an online meeting with j.reus to dive into the details.

1 Like

Hey all, so a quick update on this… @RafaeleAndrade is a member of the iii workspace now, so she’s working there quite often and can be the on-site representative of NL_CL :slight_smile:

The most urgent thing to do now is to pick some dates for events next year. Can we meet before the end of this month?

1 Like

Yes, let’s meet online. For those who are interested in being part of this or having your voice heard I’m going to propose some dates for an online meeting. Probably 1 hour will be more enough.

iii nl_cl online meeting (1 hour)
  • Monday 23 nov 11hrs
  • Monday 23 nov 18hrs
  • Saturday 28 nov 11hrs

0 voters

2 Likes

Sadly none of these proposed dates work for me, but I would surely be interested to share ideas, and maybe help out with upcoming concerts.

It seems it doesnt work for a lot of ppl, since there are no votes. Shall we just discuss via the forum or signal? I would also like to help curate one of the concerts and invite some of the international live coders from the on-the-fly program.

I also know that Raphael Sousa also wants to be more involved so he can play a role here together with iii Rafa…

Spring 2021 would be good for me.

I have the feeling our NL_CL community is less actively reading the forum compared to last year. Maybe we should try the signal chat to arrange a meetup? I personally have more time available after 7 December.

I missed this thread. I end up just checking the thread where we schedule the meetups. I set up the email notifications for everything now.

I’m not in the signal chat. I imagine one of you would be able to add me. I’ll send you my phone number through some other media.

1 Like

I’m reading the forum closely these days, but I’ll be in California until at least August 2021. I can make time to help organize these concerts if there might be some live online component to them. Otherwise I remain an enthusiastic signal-booster of them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey NLCLers,

Sorry for my absence here! I have been using a new computer and I almost lost the access to this account.
It will be very handy if we can meet informally online before 7th December, because Jon and I have to send a proposal to iii until them.

What about a quick meeting during next week Monday 30th or Wednesday 2th evening (18h)?

@Timo , can you add me to the nlcl signal group?

Hey NLCL’ers,

I have been thinking to make Code & interactivity as a theme for the NLCL series concert at iii in the first semester of 2021. I was planning to give the opportunity for the active NLCL artists who didn’t show up in this series yet.
If you feel you fit in this profile, send me a message and your artistic proposal at rafaeleandrade@tutanota.com

This concert will happen at 23th April in iii, the Hague.

I want to give a heads up for all the artists of this year and specially to @j.reus for the management and organization of it!
Lets make sure we keep our community alive to participate from the coming sessions/events (also in the meetings), these events are a great showcase and opportunity for you as an artist to join.

Is there any folk interest to open an small tab at the NLCL website about the previous projects made in our community?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been planning to update the website for quite a while now. Thanks for this message! I have some time this evening for a big update :sunglasses: Also the theme seems like a good idea :slight_smile:

Hi Rafa,

Thanks for the email and thanks to you and @j.reus for taking assertive action here. The theme is also very inspiring. :clap:

Regarding the website anyone is welcome to contribute in github, either directly (send me a pm to get the repository rights) or by making a pull request.

Best,

Yes also true. Everyone in the community is welcome to edit the site and add relevent events, links and more!

Updated the website and github! :sunglasses: I listed the changes/updated here

2 Likes