Tutorial 10 : using var

I can not open this tutorial (even after a pip install --force-reinstall), the others work without problems. Can someone send me a copy, please?

To give @ryan some helpful info , I thought I’d post what I got trying to open this one, in Windows 10, 64-bit.

Exception in Tkinter callback Traceback (most recent call last): File "c:\users\arinl\appdata\local\programs\python\python37-32\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1702, in __call__ return self.func(*args) File "c:\users\arinl\appdata\local\programs\python\python37-32\lib\site-packages\FoxDot\lib\Workspace\Editor.py", line 689, in loadfile self.set_all(f.read()) File "c:\users\arinl\appdata\local\programs\python\python37-32\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 23, in decode return codecs.charmap_decode(input,self.errors,decoding_table)[0] UnicodeDecodeError: 'charmap' codec can't decode byte 0x9d in position 93: character maps to <undefined>

@jean31270, here’s the tutorials on github, you’ll be looking for 10_using_vars.py, it’s the same file. You can click it, and click the “raw” button at the top of the code, and it’ll give you a plaintext file you can save as a .py, and load up. It’s weird that the vars one is the only one that doesn’t load from the menu, I just checked them all.

Merci beaucoup pour ton aide.

It seems like it needs the text encoding specified for some reason. I’ve updated the GitHub version and will upload to PyPI later today.

I just got the update, and Tutorial 10 works now.

1 Like