Unable to see what I'm typing in FoxDot

Hi, I know how stupid this question sounds but hear me out - I just installed FoxDot for the first time using the installation guide on the GitHub. When I run FoxDot in the terminal (after successfully running FoxDot.start in SC), and I get a deprecation warning in the terminal:

DEPRECATION WARNING: The system version of Tk is deprecated and may be removed in a future release. Please don't rely on it. Set TK_SILENCE_DEPRECATION=1 to suppress this warning.

The FoxDot window does show up, but I can’t see anything that I type in it, no cursor, nothing. The side scroll bar flickers a bit as well. I copied and pasted some code from the tutorial and hit run code block and it produces sound.

I have macOS Ventura 13.0, Python 3.10.12, SuperCollider 3.13.0, FoxDot v0.8.12, tcl-tk 8.6.13.

I have looked at so many FAQ/Troubleshooting pages, forum discussions, and Reddit pages. I have no idea what is causing this error, please help me, thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t know much about foxdot, but I think it has been unmaintained for a while so the dependencies haven’t been updated.

However, I believe there is a fork of it (updated version)
See this thread: Is FoxDot dying?
The new fork is here: PitchGlitch / FoxDot · GitLab

Hope that helps!