Live Coding Meetups NL_CL

Hey!

@narcode, our meetup at v2 during that festival @eerieear was talking about was not a good idea in the end, because the lack of people that could help out and the space is already occupied by a few resident artists.

I just got a new message from STEIM. We can use the studio for free! It is Studio 3 (8x8m). It will be more of a meetup space then an actual performance space i guess, but we can try and make it more performative. Also we would need to arrange the opening of the doors ourselves (there is no reception during the evening). But apart from that I think it could be cool to host there, what do you think?

Hi @eerieear nice to hear about your project! Indeed for this iteration of Algo~rhythms there is a focus on Hydra; not only because Olivia is joining with a performance but also teaching a workshop. I am hoping the participants of the workshop will join the jam session so I would like to give some space-time for allowing that. In any case would you be interested in opening the jam session with Rafaele? Drop me an email if so! Warmly ~ Jo

Hi @JoChicau , Thanks for the offer, I am sure @RafaeleAndrade will be very much up for it. I emailed you regarding Algo~Rhythms, l am sure it will be great and I will be glad to take part. Please let me know if you need help preparing any sound related stuff in advance for the event itself. I know worm has their crew but just in case, hopfully I will be living in Rotterdam by then and I already took the days off for this event. All the best. Seb

Hi @narcode, The V2 option is gone as @Timo explained it was a bit complicated for them this time. But they are up for hosting events in the future so I will keep in touch with them about our work and I am sure we will be able to organize something with them in the future.

Hey all
Looking forward to joining the meetup on Friday ! As I told Timo I can potentially bring a camera etc to allow us to stream the event online, if we wanted to do that.
If someone has some crash space for after the meetup, thatā€™d be really great. Iā€™d have to leave quite early in the morning to catch my train, so wouldnā€™t be a very courteous guest but on the other hand wouldnā€™t be much trouble either :slight_smile:
I think Timo would also like somewhere to stay.
Cheers

Coolness, see you then. I can put both you and Timo up after the meetup. I live in the center.

-C

1 Like

Thanks so much @craig!

Hey all!

So the meetup is on this Friday 23 August at STEIM Studio 3 starting around 19.00/19.30.

THERE IS NO BAR SO BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS

I sadly donā€™t have a car/time/money to buy drinks for everyone. Still hope a lot of you will join us :slight_smile: Also, i just got word that the capacity for the Studio is about +/- 20 people. So we need to keep that in mind as well.

3 Likes

Hey all!

All cool! Do we know if we have beamers in the studio (and how many)? I maybe can bring an extra one if we need it.

@Timo for me is ok the BYO* approach! Are we already reaching the capacity of the space?

See you all this Friday!

1 Like

They said there are 2 beamers for us, and some audio equipment. I donā€™t know the details. If you like and it is not too much effort you can bring your beamer and we can use it for more visual coding.

At the moment I think weā€™ll be fine.

Link to the event: NLCL Monthly Meetup w/ Alex McLean

I believe weā€™ll be in the same space, where we had the very first
meeting. It fits quite a few people.

Audio equipment should be fine; they have nice Meyer speakers and

Mackies.

sincerely,

Marije

2 Likes

Great, I managed to fit a camcorder and hdmi capture card in my bag, so if we can sort a couple of jacks into my soundcard and half decent network connection we should be able to stream tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

Our last meet-up at Studio 3 in STEIM with Alex went great. And for those who would like to check the demo from Alex in Tidal, some of the discussions, or the performances during our livecoding jams, check the recorded livestream on Alexā€™ youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcjXWZc2mM&t=7904s

We did kind of break our one rule to always set a new date for the next livecoding meetup! (deeply sorry @narcode) But I think we were kind of agreeing on having a short meetup on 22nd of September, between the Workshop Hydra from Olivia and the Algo~Rhythms in WORM organized by @JoChicau.

Can we agree on that? Or do others prefer a separate date for a meetup (for example on Wednesday 18 sept or 25 sept)

Hahah rules are made to be broken I guess.

We might need a meetup if we want to discuss some production stuff for the October 12th event at zaal100 (IT IS HAPPENING! :firecracker:). Iā€™ll send another email about that one this weekend.

What do others think?

1 Like

Yeah, agreed, so a separate meetup on a Wednesday (or Monday) as we usually do is probably a not so bad idea actually.

Ahā€¦ damnā€¦ canā€™t make it on the 12thā€¦ iii is also hosting the Fall edition of No Patent Pendingā€¦ https://instrumentinventors.org/event/no-patent-pending-38/

:sob: but also cool you have another event. but still, you will be thoroughly missed

There has not really been any response here on a new meetup date. Who is in for Wednesday 18th of September? The deadline for ICLC2020 proposals (performance, workshop, installations) is the 20th, so we could use the meetup to maybe give feedback on proposals if necessary? Not sure how many of us are proposing anythingā€¦

1 Like

The 18th of September could also work for me, and also for the proposals, having feedbacks would be a great idea

1 Like

Im also in for 18 of September. Shall I book the conservatory ?

1 Like