Live Coding Meetups NL_CL

@Timo thanks for the reminder !
@j.reus thanks for pointing out the overlapping events
I think it’s a good idea to reschedule.

1 Like

I was rehearsing, making takes, for the 10 minute livecoding challenge that will be streamed tonight…

But, did you meet up?

Hi!

Yesterday was just me and Sebastian, haha. We had a good time nonetheless. Let’s open up a vote for the next meetup. Would be great if we could meet in real life again as well for the next meetup. So let’s also open up the discussion for some possible locations?

• 24-07 Friday
  • 25-07 Saturday
  • 26-07 Sunday
  • 27-07 Monday
  • 28-07 Tuesday
  • 29-07 Wednesday
  • 30-07 Thursday

0 voters

I will be on holidays this month but maybe i get back by the end of july…

From the vote, it looks like we are deciding between 29th and 30th. I can make it on both dates.

It doesn’t look like we have a location. So maybe do it online once more and take the location for the next one as a discussion topic?

I think we will try an online meetup tomorrow evening. But there is also the Hybrid Livecoding Interfaces which most of us want to watch. So I propose a small meetup afterwards around 20h30/21h00 (GMT+2) when it’s finished.

Works for me. I would join.

I can make it too, I may need to leave around 22 though

Okay, lets meet at http://meet.jit.si/nl_cl-meetup

Hi all! Thanks for the nice small online meetup yesterday. For now we’ve set the date for our next meetup to Wednesday 26 August. We’ll probably meet in Amsterdam if possible. If anything changes I’ll post it here of course!

1 Like

Hi everyone! We were planning to have the NL_CL meetup tomorrow in Amsterdam. Are we still doing this? And if so, what location? There was an idea to visit the Open Oscillator / Synth Picnic at the Tolhuistuin. If we do so, then the meetup will be less about actual livecoding and more about just drinking some beers and enjoying some electronic music on the open stage. If we want to have a more private space then I’m open to suggestions as well, but with current regulations I believe we are limited to groups of 6? (all these rules i can’t keep up)

As a last resort we can of course also do another online meetup.

1 Like

Being 9000 km away, I’m keen on the online option. :slight_smile: And doubly so since over here there’s only one rule: stay home. 'Tis the season for reviving the synchronized (but out-of-phase) remote looping project…

Hi all,

The conservatory is not allowing groups in, because of new regulations only students with approved bookings are allowed in. This means that the CvA cannot be a location until further notice. I remember there was talk of Vondelbunker, was that you @marije who brought it up?

If there is an online meeting I can come say hi and give a couple of updates, till 21 because I then have another appointment.

I’m around Amsterdam this evening so if anyone wants to check out the synth picnic, I’m up for it! Looks like a fun a event :cowboy_hat_face:

If we end up having an online meetup instead, I’ll pop in too :slight_smile:

Just receive the message that the Synth Picnic is cancelled because of the storm. @narcode, @nescivi did indeed suggest vondelbunker, but I’m not sure if we can get in on such a short notice. And maybe for such a nice place it would be good to at least organize the meetup a couple weeks (or month) in advance and also make an event for it.

I guess for tonight and with current regulations it is probably best to just have another online meetup at http://meet.jit.si/nl_cl-meetup

I can join online today. I would also be able to join in Amsterdam, assuming we could follow the guidelines regarding group size and location, but I think an online meetup is a good solution. Anyway, what time are we meeting today?

I agree with Timo about Vondelbunker.

Hi all,

yeah, I did suggest the Vondelbunker as a possible future option, but haven’t made work of it.

I think I can briefly pop in to an online meeting, but physical meeting will be difficult. It’s a busy week here.

sincerely,

marije

Okay, let’s do an online meetup:

19h30 - 22h00 at http://meet.jit.si/nl_cl-meetup

Hello!

I was introduced to live coding thanks to Timo, Saskia, Sebastian and Sabrina during live coding workshop at Amsterdam last week

So this is a bit new to me but I got really interested into what you are doing and experimenting on though.

I can participate to the meeting online this evening but if you think it would be better that I meet you at another occasion in presential I completely understand.

let me know

Good evening to you all

(Komotchoto
www.komotchoto.com)

2 Likes

@komotchoto, you should definitely join if you have the time. No reason to wait :slight_smile:

1 Like