NLCL Concerts & Events

Just made a separate topic for October 12th: Live Coding Event October 12th 2019 @zaal100, Amsterdam

:robot:

1 Like

Hey all, would May 16th be a better date for the second iii concert?

Also: we need a curator for each concert > so please volunteer. @narcode maybe you’d like to be in charge of the March 28th concert curation? And @Timo, correct me if I’m wrong, you wanted to be the curator for the Algorave in the fall?

Hi @j.reus… I’ll confirm about March 28th this week ok?

Hey guys!

Nice! I’m happy to hear about those dates! I’m up to perform on March 28th and help on May 23,2020 on the organization or as a staff.

Perhaps may I make an excel with the name and function of the people that already give their names?

@j.reus Thank you so much for this , I am sorry I was so absent from this forum for the last few days.
It has been a pretty busy and chaotic moment. I am so glad to see this is taking shape, Super grateful for all the effort you have put into it to make it happen !

EDIT: Moved this reply to the other thread

Hi everyone, I am always a bit lost in the different threads but I think this message fits in here. Worm is hosting one last ‘Algo~Rhythms’ for this year (https://worm.org/production/algo-rhythms-05/). So far in the line up: Mirikat coming from the UK; Giovanni (Kesson) and Jo Kroese and then we will have the jam session as usual. In the budget there is a symbolic amount (about the same as to covering travel costs from the train trip) for one or two people for opening up the jam session (ideally playing audio). It would be something short, as I think more people will want to join the jam session spontaneously, so we need to make room for that — drop me an email (web@joanachicau.com) if this is of interest to anyone!

3 Likes

Hey all… I’m also getting a bit lost in all the threads… I hope I’m posting this in the right place.

TRANS/\CODE : Dec 11, 2019 @ iii

Marije and I are organizing a short, livecoding research residency where we will be collaborating with two virtuosic performers (Maya Fridman - cello/voice and Miri Lee - dance/choreography) to prototype new live coding systems.

The residencies will culminate in a performance on December 11th at iii.
Here’s the link

Please share within your networks if you don’t mind! Maybe this should also go on the NL_CL pr outlets?

3 Likes

Cool, sounds awesome. I can take care of posting this in the NLCL twitter…

1 Like

I will do the Insta Post

And this is the correct thread btw. Or is the forum way to do it to start a new thread for each event? :flushed:

Good night all,

I think it is a lot more clear if there is a new thread for each event. The threads of old events will then just disappear into history.

Is there any sort of
“pinned thread” kind of functionality on the forum?

That way we can pin the

general announcement threads (e.g. Open Calls, Event
Announcements) and let everything else that’s more specific fall
away as it’s no longer active.

Yeah this is the right place i guess! You started it yourself :slight_smile: :

I think that is fine as well, but a problem can be that some people are maybe watching specific threads, and therefore won’t get the e-mail notification if a new thread is started. But not sure for how many that is te case, and we could also say it is up to them to change the settings if they want to stay up-to-date for all new threads as well.

Not sure, there is a bookmark icon for a post, but not sure if that helps.

a reminder of tomorrow’s live coding evening of performances at Worm Rotterdam, and an invitation for joining the jam session - - - > https://worm.org/production/algo-rhythms-05/ - - < looking forward to seeing you! Hugs *

1 Like

Our first two NL_CL / iii concerts in The Hague are announced!

MARCH 28, 2020 ~ NL_CL#1 THE FUTURE OF MUSIC curated by Felipe Ignacio Noriega

https://www.facebook.com/events/127299721864438/

MAY 24, 2020 ~ NL_CL #2 FLESH curated by Joana Chicau

1 Like

+1

Thanks Jonathan! We wil share and promote :slight_smile:

Great ! Thanks @j.reus !

sharing here another live coding event coming up on Wednesday in Amsterdam, more info >>>>>>>>>> https://www.volkshotel.nl/nl/agenda/doka/live-coding-sessions-3-x-doka-culture/

I just updated the website with these events as well!

1 Like