NLCL Concerts & Events

Hey all, just creating a new topic to post upcoming events and discuss plans for organizing future events ourselves.

First post: I wanted to followup on the possibilities to use the iii space.

Not unsurprisingly, iii is very happy to host NLCL events. We just need to propose dates to iii & check against availability of the project space.

http://instrumentinventors.org/workspace/

Rental costs for the space are €65 as a base rate per day. For the room + PA & beamer (standard concert setup) it’s €100. This is not including any staff, so maybe someone from NL_CL can run the sound or we can hire somebody. Same goes for the bar.

Hello NLCL, I’m doing a talk about Tidal at Codestar in Utrecht in the evening of 22nd August. Also looking for other nearby opportunities around then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Together with Robert we are looking at organising an event at zaal100, aiming for 11th or 12th of October.

We can rent the place for €110 for the space including light and sound, plus €20 for the video projector. We should arrange everything ourselves, and the entrance fee can be max €10. We collect that ourselves.

— more info coming soon — :monkey:

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for checking! Sounds like a great option! We could probably run the audio equipment ourself, so that would leave us with only hiring someone for the bar.

I guess we could check for availability in October/November/December to start with?

Im sure we could also run the bar ourselves. I worked in a restaurant in my student years :wink:

it’s not a real bar anyway :slight_smile:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for noting. Had no idea this event was coming up (or even that this group codestar exists), but it seems like it is a closed meeting for people working at that company? The rsvp is closed at least at their meetup page.

I’m not sure if there is anything happening over the weekend (23-25), maybe someone else knows. Otherwise we could take the opportunity and organize something together on 23 or 24 august!

1 Like

Hi All!

I was given two dates on which we can host the Algorave at the Skatepark in Apeldoorn.

• 26 October 20.00-00.00
  • 23 November 20.00-00.00

My preference would be 23 November, since 26 October is a bit close to the 11/12 when we have the event in Zaal 100. Let me know what you think.

Hey Timo and all,
here’s the availability at the iii space for the last months of

October: 1-9

November: 1-3 / 8-11 /

17-28

December: 1-8 / 13-28

Also::: the TRANS//CODE

event Marije and I are planning will most likely happen in
mid-December… so maybe we want to leave a bit of space around
that so people don’t get overloaded with livecoding concerts

Hoi Jonathan–

Not unsurprisingly, iii is very happy to host NLCL events. We just
need to propose dates to iii & check against availability of the
project space.

http://instrumentinventors.org/workspace/

Rental costs for the space are €65 as a base rate per day. For the
room + PA & beamer (standard concert setup) it’s €100. This is not
including any staff, so maybe someone from NL_CL can run the sound or
we can hire somebody. Same goes for the bar.

I'm willing to run sound with at least one other person (so I'm not

doing it the whole time).

-C

1 Like

I also have experience running sound. Put me in that list too : ]

My vote also is +1 for November 23

1 Like

The event hasn’t really been announced yet, I believe it is open to everyone so probably rsvps are closed by mistake… I’ve asked. It’d be great to meet up and/or make art together somehow!

1 Like

Okay cool! Then let’s see if we can make that happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

RSVPs are open now. My current plan doesn’t leave any real spare time, but I could potentially stay an extra day… I should book travel in the next day or two really though (either eurostar from Brussels or ferry from Rotterdam).

@yaxu We’re in contact with Creative Coding Utrecht to see if we can host our NLCL meetup on the 23th instead of the 14th, and hopefully combine it (or replace it) with livecoding performances in Utrecht, or alternatively Amsterdam would be a good option as well of course. Not sure in which city you will be staying the night of the 23th.

@Timo Ta, Amsterdam would be nice!

Hey all, so iii is currently in the process of putting together the yearly program for 2020. This would be a really good moment to decide whether we want to aim for doing a NL_CL series in collaboration with iii next year (and which funds we would apply for to support it).

Being included in iii’s yearly program has a lot of benefits for iii in terms of acquiring annual funding. So if we can be quick on this I think iii would help us out in kind (lower rental rates, etc…) … opening up more funds for paying artists and organizers reasonable fees.

What do you all think? Can we commit to this? And who will be involved in organizing/fundraising etc?
I can volunteer myself to be part of the fundraising team. Perhaps with one other person? :slight_smile:

We need to have a proposal ready for iii before August 20 (nothing big, just a paragraph about the program and how we will organize it along with a proposal for concert dates)

2 Likes

Hey!

Sounds great. I am definitely willing to help, but I’m only available starting 12th of August (and maybe a few days between 29 July and 2 August. I guess we could start with a draft between 29 and 2 and then final touches after the 12th? Maybe we can start with a “brainstorm”-doc in google where everyone from NLCL can submit some ideas/suggestions that we can then filter into a final proposal?

1 Like